Thursday, June 23, 2011

This Day

It was this day last year that I applied for this job... This day after last week when I traveled to New York for the very first time and thought, "I think I'm going to move to New York." This is funny because last week-- present tense-- I traveled to California for work... For my job... But last year's last week I was in New York. The same week. Flip flop.

It was this day last year that I applied for this job. While I was in California, while I was in LA, working at a restaurant wearing ill-fitting pants and orthopedic shoes, listening to Florence and the Machine and thinking that her screaming bellow perfectly matched the current state of my tumultuous heart. It was there that I applied for this job. The one I now have, the one I'm now sitting in and have made my own. Soon it'll be a year until I moved to New York, but for now...

It was this day last year that I applied for this job.

No comments:

Post a Comment