Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day


Today I am thankful for my mom. She who taught me to be gracious and graceful under pressure, noble, think freely and for myself, and the importance and value of true wisdom. She remains the wisest, strongest, kindest woman I've ever known. Truly beautiful.

But today I am also thankful for the garden of mothers that have sprung up in her absence. I am thankful for them making a place for me at their table, for their soft hands and encouraging words and answering of "mommy questions". They have been the hands and feet of my mother's heart, and I would not be the woman I am today without them.

So today I honor my mom. I miss her and so badly wish she were here to cuddle and kiss. But I am also thankful for all that has grown in the void she left. I was blessed by her life, and have been blessed in her death. I love you, Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment